TEE / H&M
JEANS C/O FOREVER 21 (here)
BOOTS / PUBLIC DESIRE
If anybody as short as me has noticed, jeans can be very scary. They scrunch, they’re always sold out, and online shopping can be a nightmare. If a model is 5’9, and the jeans fit her perfectly at her ankle, just exit your browser. But what happens when a petite girl gets angry/creative? A DIY, that’s what. In this collaboration with Forever 21, I strategically picked out flare jeans with the sole intention of hacking off a chunk of the hem. Cropped flares look effortless on tall women, and I wanted a pair (that didn’t cost me an arm or leg, too). Why pay $60.00 for jeans that you can cut at home? This pair from Forever 21 are already distressed and have an interesting wash, so all that was missing was turning them into a pair that suit ME. Here’s how:
- Put your flares on and fold them as much as your heart desires. (Cropped flares are about 2 inches above the ankle)
- Secure them with pins and carefully take them off.
- Lay them flat on the floor and with measuring tape, measure the length you have folded.
- Remove the pins, measure the length you got in step 3 starting from the hem up, and draw a line with a white crayola where the measurement ends.
- Cut across, and distress with sandpaper or the blade of your scissors (or throw them in the wash and dryer, they all work).
- Wear them and rejoice in the fact that you saved about $3o.